Every peach season, I get excited by the abundance of peaches at my local farmers market and I end up buying way too many. So if you’re like me and you have ripe peaches sitting on your counter, turn them into peach purée. I love adding peach purée to my iced tea or adding it to desserts like this moist, tender cake. This is one of my most popular cake recipes on social media, and for good reason. It does not disappoint! To watch the TikTok video, click here.
- 1 1/4 cups (5 1/2 ounces) all purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg, preferably freshly ground
- 1 cup (7 ounces) granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil or neutral oil of your choice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup peach purée, divided (About 1 1/3 cups peeled, sliced peaches puréed in a food processor or blender)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch fine sea salt
- 1-2 tablespoons reserved peach puree
- 2 tablespoons diced peaches
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line the bottom of an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Grease and flour the sides.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons peach purée for icing.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, oil, eggs, remaining peach purée and extracts until smooth.
- Add flour mixture and beat just until combined.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking pan. Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 38-45 minutes.
- Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely. Spread icing on cooled cake.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and butter together until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar, salt, vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of peach purée. Beat until smooth. Add additional peach purée, if needed, until desired consistency is reached. Fold in diced peaches.