Each spring, I look forward to the sight and fragrance of beautiful botanical blooms, especially cherry blossoms. Inspired by the beautiful pink trees, I baked some cherry blossom cookies just in time for Mother’s Day. These perfectly pretty, pink cookies are easy to make and fun to decorate. You can sprinkle sparkling sugar on them before baking and call it a day or you can make some pink cherry icing and add sugar pearls or sprinkles. Either way, they look beautiful and taste delicious!
- 1 cup (4 1/2 ounces) powdered sugar
- pinch salt
- 4-5 tablespoons half and half or milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure cherry extract or natural cherry flavoring
- pink gel food color
- In a small bowl, whisk first four ingredients together until smooth.
- Mix in pink gel food color, a tiny bit at a time, until desired shade is achieved.
*Do not use imitation cherry flavoring or extract. Imitation extracts may make your cookies taste medicinal.
** I used Wilton gel food color in shade rose. Click here to find it.
*** Use your favorite blossom cookie cutter or click here to view the blossom cutters I used.