- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 ounces good quality bittersweet chocolate 70-72%, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 teaspoon Manuka honey or honey of your choice
- tiny dash fine sea salt optional
- homemade marshmallows or whipped cream optional
- In a small saucepan, heat milk and cream over medium-low heat just until bubbles form around the edges. Do not boil.
- Turn heat off. Whisk in honey and vanilla bean paste.
- Add chocolate and stir gently until chocolate is melted. Strain hot chocolate through a sieve into a teacup or mug.
For a dairy free version, replace the milk and cream with unsweetened almond milk. Replace the chocolate with vegan chocolate.