One of the reasons I love baking is because of the joy it brings. In this case it’s joy and sunshine. These vibrant, lemon tarts are pure sunshine. With only four ingredients, they’re so easy to make that you’ll be surprised at how silky and delicious they are.
- 22 vanilla sandwich cookies, finely crushed (including the filling) I used Golden Oreos.
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups (12 oz or 340g) mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1 cup (10 oz or 283g) lemon curd, homemade or store bought
- whipped cream optional
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place six 4-inch tart pans with removable bottoms* on a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mix crushed cookies with melted butter until well combined.
- Press crumb mixture firmly into tart pans with the back of a spoon or the bottom of a small cup. It's important to press firmly, especially on the sides.
- Bake tart shells for 8 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, stir mascarpone cheese with a spatula until smooth. Fold in lemon curd until well combined.
- Fill cooled tart shells with mascarpone mixture. Refrigerate tarts until set, about 2 hours.
- Carefully remove tarts from tart pans. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream if desired.
To find 4-inch tart pans, click here.